Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Budget ignores natives

Winnipeg Free Press
Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I thought I was living in Canada where everyone received equal treatment, but by the outcome of the federal budget, I guess I was dead wrong. Again, Canada's First Nations are left out in the cold and to fend for themselves. Stephen Harper has shown his true Reform/Canadian Alliance colours and left the aboriginal people out of the budget. I guess to him we are just a thorn in his government's side that needs to be left with nothing to improve our lives through education, housing and employment. He would rather keep us in poverty and under his control like caged animals. I have watched Animal Kingdom, and the caged animals I saw there were awesome when they were mistreated.

O Canada, our home and native land, has become Harper's playground.

Thanks for nothing, Mr. Harper.

Ivan Moose
Gillam

Mr. Moose says he wants equal treatment for natives, then chastizes the government for not giving them special treatment. I didn't see Ukranians, Chinese, Arabs, or any other ethnic group getting special treatment in the budget. Sounds equal to me.

No comments: