Sunday, November 27, 2005

Groove Salad

I was having some friends over for a get together the other night and wanted some ambient grooves to spin in the background. I hit up the usual locations for such audio delights: LAUNCHcast, Digitally Imported, and SHOUTcast and finally settled on a SHOUTcast channel called Groove Salad.

Groove Salad describes itself as "a nicely chilled plate of ambient beats and grooves" and that's pretty darn accurate. Once I started listening, I couldn't switch the channel. It rocked, and I was hooked! Smooth grooves with a bit of an electronic vibe; just what I was looking for. It's actually a channel on SomaFM: Listener-Supported, Commercial Free Internet Radio, but is also available via SHOUTcast.

If you're in to electronica or are just looking for some aural stimulation that won't overpower your conversation or focus then check 'em out. Highly recommended!

No comments: