Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Oh What a Season!

Due to my trip to The Windy City this Friday I played my last Futsal game of the season Tuesday. With a short bench (only one sub!), people playing out of position, and numerous key players missing we almost managed a draw. If it weren't for a heartbreaking lucky bounce with 10 seconds left in the game we would have stolen a point against difficult odds. No matter though, it was a fun game that was well played and served as a fitting end to the season. I don't know what the future holds but I was proud and honoured to be a part of this team. They're a well run, talented, and fun group of guys and should do very well in the upcoming outdoor season. I can honestly say that this Futsal season was the most fun I've had playing soccer since my youth.

I think the following situation sums the atmosphere on this team perfectly: When I told the coaching staff that I had been invited to tryout for another outdoor squad, instead of berating me and sending an email to the manager of the other team saying how poor a player I was they congratulated me, wished me luck, and told me that I would always have a place on their team. Now THAT'S a quality organization.

Here's hoping the snow melts soon!

No comments: