Sunday, March 05, 2006

We're here!

We're in the Windy City now and it's fantastic! The flight was quick, about 1.5 hours, and the first couple of days have been hectic! There's a lot to see and do I don't know how we're going to fit it all in to 10 days. Yesterday we walked around Millenium Park and shopped on the Magnificent Mile, where I got a jacket and three shirts for $115 (regular over $250!). In the evening we went to the Green Mill jazz lounge, one of Al Capone's former speakeasys, then Ginger's Ale House where we had a few pints and watched the Newcastle match.

To say that Chicago is Winnipeg only slightly larger is a huge understatement! Winnipeggers like to delude themselves into thinking that their city is just as good as cities like Chicago (and Toronto!) but once you actually leave the confines of the perimeter highway there's no denying that Winnipeg has grossly missed it's potential. Anyway, more on that later. We've got a big day today. We're going to see the Blue Man Group in the afternoon, then doing more shopping on the Magnificent Mile, and finally closing the day off with an invite only Oscar party at Orso restaurant!

(I've taken a bunch of pictures already, but I forgot the cable to download them from the camera. My friend said he should have one that fits at the office so I'll post some pics as soon as I find one.)

No comments: